I won't bore you all with the complete saga of my computer's woes, but I will say this: I went in to CompUSA and said, "My motherboard is having a problem and I need this computer for a business. Last time it needed a repair it took six weeks. Is there any way I can get it back sooner?"
The response was, "Ma'am, it'll only take three - that's half the time you're talking about."
So I got it back in five weeks. And then it didn't work and I had to send it back. My computer was gone for two months by the time all was said and done. And it spent a total of three days actually being worked on. And the last time, to add insult to injury, my hardrive was wiped clean! I've spent two weeks trying to hunt down all my programs and reinstall them.
I think the techs should at least warn you when they decide to reinstall an operating system.
Oh well. That's my excuse for not posting much - my time on the computer is severely curtailed when I have to squeeze time in on someone else's.
Jonathan is doing quite well. He's rolling around much more and can hold himself up enough to sit on Dad's lap during dinner. He turned five months old this week and he's weighing in at 14 pretty solid pounds. His pull-through surgery is scheduled for the 27th and we're all looking forward to getting him reconnected. We're also all praying hard that he won't have any troubles with the respirator. On a scale of things to go wrong, ending up on a respirator for a few weeks isn't bad; but we're all hoping not to do things that way.
We have to go in to the cardiologist again next week for an ultrasound of his heart to okay the anesthetic. Our feeling is that his heart is probably doing well, since he's getting nice and fat, no longer has his feet and hands turn blue, and seems to be having none of the characteristic signs of heart failure.
His worst troubles are eczema - which we're finding we can get a handle on by using Eucerin on him religiously - and what seems to be an allergy to milk and nuts. If Mom eats any dairy or nut products, Jonathan fusses and then has a lot of gas. Guess we won't be feeding him ice cream at six months. Actually, we probably are really going to take it easy feeding him - his intestines need all the help they can get!
Other than that...he's a very happy, pleasant little guy. He's been playing with us much more and seems to "get it" when we're playing with him - at first he used to just stare curiously at someone who was trying to play with him, but now he's starting to grin when we play peekaboo and whenever someone kisses his toes he smiles and sticks his other foot straight up so that one will get kissed too. He's also really ticklish and will giggle if you tickle his ribs or his neck under his ears.
We're having quite a time trying to keep him from sucking his thumb, though. We thought we had the whole thing out of the way, but he's being as stubborn as ever. And if you see him sucking it and say, "Hey, Jonathan!" he'll either jump and take it right out or make a very sad face and pretend like he doesn't even know you're there. He's fascinated by fingers, either his own or anyone else's.
He's nursing well enough that Mom only pumps once or twice during the day. This is a big victory, since four months ago he couldn't even nurse for a whole minute. I'm very proud of her. She's perservered a long time. If I ever have babies, I hope I don't forget what I've seen her do: there won't be many excuses left for me!
I have posted most of the good pictures we have downloaded from the month of April. We had more but lost them due to a second computer crash this week. Oh well...plenty more where those came from. I'm apologize for the long delay and will be more diligent about keeping up with news, especially with the surgey coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment