Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Good Days Work

Greetings All! I am taking a shift on the biographer position, as the normal typist is busy tonight. Y’all can see if you can guess who I am!

The news today is pretty good. The reason I say "pretty" is because it is my opinion that no news is REALLY good unless it is telling us Jonathan has healed, and we can bring him home.

Anyhow.

Since I don’t think this has been commented upon, I will start Monday. One of the Doctors was talking to Mom about what was wrong with Jonathan’s breathing. It appears that the trachea (don’t ask me what it is, all I know is that the trachea is located in his throat) might have collapsed, causing the air passage to be blocked.
The good thing about this, is that the trachea, apparently, is something that will rebuild itself in time. Weeks, or so I’ve heard. This was very hopeful, but the only way to diagnose for sure was if they took the tube out and stuck a scope down Jonathan’s throat within a few minutes of taking it (the tube) out and seeing if the trachea had indeed collapsed.

As I said before, this was on Monday, and we were all pretty happy, just having something to point to that might be wrong, and on top of it, relatively easy to fix – just taking some time.

Yesterday, Tuesday, I was watching Jonathan with Mom when a Doctor came and looked Jonathan over. He said that they were going to try to take him off the tube Wednesday (Today). He said that sooner or later they were going to have to take him off the tube, and he thought as it was a week since Jonathan pulled the thing out, it would be as good a time as any.

That was the last two days worth of news.

Today we had planned on getting up fairly early, taking Mom to the hospital, and us kids going to violin lessons, which are pretty close to the hospital. We would than come back, seeing Jonathan and eating lunch, then going home. Mom called before we left this morning and talked to the nurse on duty. Some of you might be interested to know that her name is Shelley, and she wears glasses all the time. Anyway, Shelley said that she was about to take the tube out.

We got to the hospital a little early, so some of us kids went in and saw him. It seemed that he was doing pretty well without the tube, but they were telling us not to touch him, as it might excite him and cause him to not breath as much. Humph.

When we came back after lessons however, he was doing much better. He was breathing without any problem, getting a pretty good amount of oxygen in his blood, and seemed to be doing all around good. Even Shelley was surprised at how well he was doing.

We stayed all afternoon until about 6:00 and then Dad came and is keeping Mom company. When we left, Jonathan was looking really good, and we were pretty pleased with today’s results.

It was amazing to me how strong he is. The Nurse had him on his stomach to help him breathe and several times he lifted his top half off the bed and wobbled his head around!

Well, I have to stop writing and post the pictures I got today. Yesterday actually. The ones for today are on a camera that just started charging. I’ll try and get those up tomorrow.

Goodnight!

-Me

P.S. If you think you know who this is, just leave a comment and say who you think it is!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have a pretty good idea of who you are.

-Your older Sister

Anonymous said...

Members of poster's family are excluded from guessing as they have too much information at their disposal!

Anonymous said...

Rats.